Thunberg has had quite a significant few years, from speaking at the United Nations, “political leaders have failed us – but now change is coming.” The founder of Fridays For Future movement has traveled around the world sharing a message of hope for the environment.
The documentary follows Thunberg, who is autistic, as she reacts to the world, and as the world reacts to her. The 17-year old Swedish teen has received numerous accolades and awards, including Time’s Person of the Year for 2019. Thunberg acknowledges that her autism helps her cause.
See the trailer, below:
“To get out of this climate crisis, we need a different mindset from the one that got us into it,” she said in an interview with the Observer. “People like me – who have Asperger’s syndrome and autism, who don’t follow social codes – we are not stuck in this social game of avoiding important issues.We dare to ask difficult questions. It helps us see through the static while everyone else seems to be content to role-play.”
Ahead of the film’s release in the UK, Thunberg spoke to The Guardian about her work and seems unfazed by crisis including Vladamir Putin and Donald Trump. “When these people attack individuals – in some cases, children like me – that shows that they really have nowhere left to go. They have no arguments left. This is a crisis completely based on scientific consensus, but they try to focus on something else. It’s as if there was a fire and the alarm starts and they try to argue about the fire alarm instead of the actual fire.”
- Greta Thunberg Donates Over $1 Million Prize Money to Environmental Groups
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Endorses Joe Biden for President
- Greta Thunberg Says World is Passing a “Social Tipping Point” in Reference to Black Lives Matter and Climate Movements
- Greta Thunberg Stars in Pearl Jam’s New Music Video About Climate Change
- Greta Thunberg Testifies Before Congress, Urges Lawmakers to Wake Up to Climate Change
- Greta Thunberg Had Some Very Strong Words In Her Address to The United Nations on Climate Change!
- Greta Thunberg and Other Prominent Young Activists Sue 5 Nations Over Climate Crisis
- Greta Thunberg Declines Prestigious Environmental Prize
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!