The 17-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg showed support for Democrat Joe Biden, urging voters concerned about the environment to vote for Biden.
Thunberg said in a tweet that she never engages in party politics, but that “the upcoming US elections is above and beyond all that.”
“From a climate perspective it’s very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates. But, I mean…you know…damn! Just get organized and get everyone to vote #Biden,” she wrote.
I never engage in party politics. But the upcoming US elections is above and beyond all that.
From a climate perspective it’s very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates. But, I mean…you know…damn!
Just get organized and get everyone to vote #Biden https://t.co/gFttFBZK5O
— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) October 10, 2020
In contrast, Biden has proposed a $2 trillion climate plan that aims to be 100% carbon-free power by 2035 and invests in clean power and infrastructure, mass transit, energy-efficient buildings and housing, and sustainable agriculture.
Thunberg joins other environmental advocates and experts in endorsing Biden including Scientific American, who made its first presidential endorsement in 175 years, League of Conservation Voters, and a coalition of over 80 scientists and climate experts.
Sign this petition to ensure that this election is free of voter suppression and intimidation, every ballot is counted, and any irregularities are transparently investigated.
- Elections 2020: How, When, and Where to Vote
- Climate Change Finally Included in Presidential Debate Questions and Here’s What We Learned From the Candidates
- Biden Announces New $2 Trillion Climate Plan
- US Voters See Climate Change as a Top Tier Issue
- Biden’s VP Kamala Harris and Where She Stands on Climate, Food, Animal, and Public Health Policy
- Biden Releases His Proposal to Advance Racial Equity in the U.S.
- Biden’s Releases “Agenda for Women” Unveiling his Plan to Make Sure All Women Get Equal Participation in the Economy and Country
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!