Join celebrities Alec Baldwin, Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, Edie Falco, Sia, Alan Cumming, Lisa Edelstein, Richard Marx, and Daisy Fuentes in taking the turkey-free holiday pledge! In partnership with Farm Sanctuary, thousands have joined in celebrating a compassionate Thanksgiving.
The pledge is as follows, “I object to animal cruelty, environmental destruction, the exploitation of slaughterhouse workers, and the deep wounds inflicted upon rural communities by the factory farming industry. As such, I will join Farm Sanctuary in celebrating a compassionate Thanksgiving by leaving turkey off my dinner plate.”
See Farm Sanctuary’s “Adopt a Turkey” flock here:
Did you know that 40% of UK households last year skipped the turkey? Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. Learn about some Common Health Concerns That May Disappear Once You Ditch Dairy and 10 Calcium Supplements For Healthy Living on a Dairy-Free and 10 Carrageenan-Free Non-Dairy Products!
Check out these awesome recipes for a turkey-free Thanksgiving:
- 10 Vegan Casseroles Perfect For Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- 15 Grain-Free Thanksgiving Entrées
- 10 Satisfying Veggie Meatloaf Recipes You Need To Make This Thanksgiving!
- 25 Savory, Meat-Free Casseroles and Pot Pies That Are Perfect for Thanksgiving
- 30 Stunning Plant-Based Entrées That Will Be the Star of Thanksgiving Dinner
- 25 Amazing Vegan Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Table
- A Very Vegan Thanksgiving Menu From Start To Finish
- 10 Classic Thanksgiving Recipes Made Vegan!
- 15 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes With Gravy
- 15 Budget-Friendly Vegan Dishes to Bring to Friendsgiving
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes For the Perfect Southern Thanksgiving
- Save Room for Dessert! You Won’t Want to Skip These 20 Amazing Thanksgiving Desserts
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!