This rich and savory sauce is an essential for your Thanksgiving table. Gravy is traditionally made from the juices of cooked meat and sometimes the addition of cream, so you will need to be equipped with plenty of vegan recipes. We’ve got you covered! These dishes from biscuits to seitan roasts, are all slathered with a different delicious vegan gravy. Guests won’t even think twice about it being completely vegan.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
Also, don’t forget to check out our ultimate guide to plant-based recipes for Thanksgiving!
1. Lentil Loaf and Mushroom Gravy With Mashed Garlic Cauliflower
This Lentil Loaf and Mushroom Gravy by Desiree Rodriguez is great if you want a hearty dinner or if you are looking for a plant-based alternative for a holiday meal. It is filling and delicious and is very reminiscent of the holiday classics! You will love it!
2. Thanksgiving Cornbread Stuffing With Gravy
3. Herbed Biscuits With Mushroom Gravy
These gluten-free Herbed Biscuits With Mushroom Gravy by Jasmine Briones are amazingly flavorful, they’ll disappear in an instant. They are best fresh, warm, and straight out of the oven, but if you make hem the day ahead, simply warm them in the oven prior to serving. With the addition of herbs and a gravy that encompasses classic fall flavors, and is a fantastic addition to any holiday table.
4. Mixed Root Mash With Mushroom Gravy and Greens
Hearty mixed root mash, a rich mushroom-based gravy, and steamed greens to balance it all out. This Mixed Root Mash by Christine DesRoches is naturally gluten-free and grain-free! The combination of potatoes, parsnips, and turnip is healthier than ordinary mashed potatoes while still being starchy and comforting, especially with this rich mushroom gravy on top.
5. Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy
If you’re serving a small party of guests for the holidays, but don’t want to compromise in extravagance, make this stuffed Seitan Roast With Sausage by Zsu Dever. This savory, meaty roast is stuffed with vegan sausage, cabbage, and dried fruit, and then braised in the oven for three hours so it’s perfectly tender. As a final step, it’s pan-seared and then baked again. The top is crisp, the stuffing is sweet, savory, and tasty, and it’s served in a tangy onion-cider gravy.
6. Oil-Free ‘Sausage’ Biscuits and Gravy
This plant-based recipe for the classic biscuits and gravy is full of flavor and makes a hearty breakfast or entree for the whole family.
7. High-Protein Tofu ‘Chicken’ Fillets With Mushroom Gravy and Mashed Sweet Potato
These High-Protein Tofu ‘Chicken’ Fillets by Philipp Ertl are really easy to make, super tasty, and made from tofu and chickpea flour, so they’re high in protein and gluten-free. They’re soft on the inside and a bit crispy, outside, and the mushroom gravy works so well with it. Plus, the sweet potato mash provides delicious carb! This recipe takes about 35 minutes to make given you time everything well.
8. Buckwheat With Roasted Heirloom Carrots and Miso Mushroom Gravy
This ultra-comforting Buckwheat With Roasted Heirloom Carrots and Miso Mushroom Gravy by Meredith Youngson is perfect for when the warm weather begins to dissipate and the chilly weather sets in. A rich, thick miso mushroom gravy is served over buckwheat cooked with aromatic onions. The glorious heirloom carrots bring their earthiness and a welcome brightness to the dish.
9. Country ‘Meatloaf’ With Gravy
Source: Country ‘Meatloaf’ With Gravy
This vegan Country ‘Meatloaf’ With Gravy by Katie Koteen is wonderful for feeding a crowd during the holidays. Hearty and savory enough to satisfy meat eaters, this vegan meatloaf is super healthy and won’t make you feel overly full. It gets its meaty texture from a mixture of veggies, rice, and tempeh. Then a melange of different seasonings is what really makes it special.
10. Crispy Coated Baked Tofu With Gravy
Family food traditions can be strong and people often want familiar dishes and flavors. Although this Crispy Coated Baked Tofu With Gravy by Tara Binder is made with tofu, it is purposely flavored with poultry like seasonings and served with gravy as a tasty alternative to more traditional meat-centric dishes. Serve with whatever sides you fancy for a gorgeous and delicious meal.
11. Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits With Sausage Gravy
Aren’t we blessed to have so many vegan diners popping up all over the United States? Gravy is the star of this dish, no matter how good the biscuits are, but for this recipe has a biscuit that complements the gravy just as much as the gravy complements the biscuit. We definitely recommend serving these Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits With Sausage Gravy by Epic Vegan, Dustin Harder as a unique holiday side dish!
12. Chestnut Mushroom Sausages With Mash and Gravy
This bangers and mash-inspired dish is the perfect cozy weekend dinner or breakfast. The Chestnut Mushroom Sausages by Philipp Ertl are made by combining meaty, savory mushrooms with tofu, bread crumbs, and savory spices. They pair perfectly with the creamy, buttery mashed potatoes and savory gravy. With a topping of fried onions, they’re even better.
13. Oyster Mushroom Steaks With Miso Gravy
These Oyster Mushroom Steaks With Miso Gravy by Courtney West is an easy yet very delicious vegan-friendly main course. And, if you’re still trying to make plans for what you’re making for the holidays, we’ve got you covered. These meaty mushrooms are served over warm polenta and drizzled with a miso gravy that adds a unique and nostalgic flavor.
14. Fried “Chicken” and Gravy
Source: Fried “Chicken” and Gravy
Tofu is such a versatile ingredient that when prepare in different ways, also yields very different tastes and textures. Serve up this Fried “Chicken” and Gravy by Jessica Uy as a holiday appetizer or main dish!
15. Mushroom Gravy
Source: Mushroom Gravy
A gluten free and vegan Mushroom Gravy by James Wythe that is the perfect alternative to share at your holiday table! Deep in color and flavor, it looks just like a classic gravy. It is so simple to make and is absolutely packed full of flavor! If you already know what you want to cook and are just in need of some excellent gravy to slather on top, this recipe is for you!
Find more gravy recipes with these 10 Gorgeous Vegan Gravy Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Menu, or check out 15 High-Protein Meaty Entrees For Thanksgiving You’d Never Guess Are Vegan!
Check out the following resources:
- Try These 15 Awesome Green Bean Recipes This Thanksgiving!
- 15 Vegan Pasta Sides to Try This Thanksgiving!
- Save Room for Dessert! You Won’t Want to Skip These 20 Amazing Thanksgiving Desserts
- 15 Vegan Seasonal Mashed Vegetable Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Table
- 25 Amazing Vegan Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Table
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes For the Perfect Southern Thanksgiving
- 15 Stunning Thanksgiving Entrées Made With Just Vegetables
- 15 Vegan Small Plates and Starters for Your Thanksgiving Feast
- Make Your Thanksgiving the Best Ever With These 15 Grain-Free Recipes
- 15 Delicious Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 10 Gorgeous Vegan Gravy Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Menu!
- 5 Great Ideas To Make Your Thanksgiving Drinks Dazzling and Delicious
- 15 Cranberry Recipes For Thanksgiving That Are Vegan!
- Tips and Tricks to Making a Plant-Based Meatloaf For Thanksgiving
- Five Fantastic Vegan Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving!
- 10 Vegan Casseroles Perfect For Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- 7 Delicious Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving Without the Turkey
BONUS Recommendation: Download Food Monster App For Amazing Plant-Based Recipes!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! it’s a brilliant food app for anyone looking to cut out or reduce allergens like meat, dairy, soy, gluten, eggs, grains, and more! You can also make meal plans, add bookmarks, read feature stories, and browse recipes across hundreds of categories like diet, cuisine, meal type, occasion, ingredient, popular, seasonal, and so much more!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!