Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A new short film by Greenpeace titled “There’s a Monster in My Kitchen,” helps highlight the role that food plays in reducing our carbon footprints.
The film’s focus is to educate people on deforestation in the rainforest and how the devastation is related to eating meat. Because the forest is clearcut and burned for cattle grazing and soy to feed cattle, our food habits directly relate to the destruction.
In the film, an animated jaguar explains to the little boy, “There’s a monster in my forest and I don’t know what to do. It turned my home to ash to instead grow something new. Feed for chickens, pigs and cows to sell more meat to you. As our forests disappeared, their evil empire grew. They think they are unstoppable but we pray this isn’t true. The real cost of what they’re doing, if only the whole world knew.” Jaguars are one of the species most affected by the fires. Hundreds have been burned, removed from their habitats, or both.
See the film, below:
Source: Greenpeace UK/Youtube
In 2020 alone, 3.5 million hectares have burned according to scientists. Read more about the Amazon and deforestation in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- Amazon Rainforest is Now Emitting More Carbon Dioxide than it Absorbs
- 7 Companies Working to End Deforestation
- 5 Big Causes of Deforestation and How You Can Stop It
- The Impact of Deforestation and The Importance of Trees
- These Shocking Photos of the Disappearing Amazon Because of Meat Consumption
- Amazon Is Reaching a Point of No Return Thanks to Deforestation – Here’s What You Can Do Right NOW to Save It
- Deforestation in the Amazon is Up by 29 Percent and Our Appetite for Meat is to Blame
- WOW! Photo Reveals the Shocking Link Between Animal Agriculture and Deforestation
- 10 Major Companies Responsible for Deforestation
- Walmart, Costco, Target, McDonalds and More! Companies Linked to Promoting Amazon Deforestation
- How Meat Company JBS is Destroying the Amazon
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!