Five dogs were struck by bullets when they were in the back of a car near a reported shooting, police in Salem, Oregon shared. Multiple shots were fired around midnight and officers saw a car “speeding” away according to police.
Officers quickly took the adult dog and puppies to an emergency veterinary clinic after the incident. Sadly, two of the dogs died. While several vehicles had been shot, police said that there were no injuries to humans during the shooting.
Police say that the investigation is ongoing. The Salem Police Department requests anyone with information to contact 503-588-8477.
Check out other recent animal news in One Green Planet including Joaquin Phoenix’s New Animal Rights Campaign and The Cost Difference Between a Rescue Dog and A Puppy Mill Puppy.
- Three Mountain Lion Cubs Rescued from California Wildfire
- Homeless Man Risks Life to Rescue Animals During Shelter Fire
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- North Dakota Pup Rescued from Ice Cold River by Firefighters
- When Will This Stop Happening? Cop Shoots Family Dog In the Head For No Reason
- Police Dog Overheated and Died in Unattended Patrol Car
- Police Officer is Fired After Shooting a Small Dog for Barking
- Police Wanted to Arrest Rescuers For Saving a Dog From a Coyote Trap, But That Didn’t Stop Them
- Police Officer Caught on Video Mercilessly Shooting a Dog
- This Police Dog Found a Missing Child!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!