A heartwarming video of a Golden Retriever warming up his vocal cords before howling at fire-truck sirens has taken the internet by storm. Shared by Caralyn Corso on TikTok, the video shows her 3-year-old Golden Retriever, Charles, giving a few tentative “woofs” before letting out a full-fledged howl as a fire-truck siren wails in the distance.
When you have to warm up your “awoooo” first #goldenretrieverlife #dogsoftiktok #firetruck #dogsontiktok #howlstofiretrucksiren #goldenretriever #dogsoftiktokviral #dog
Charles, who lives with Caralyn in Seattle, has been vocalizing his responses to fire-truck sirens since he was a young pup, around 5 to 6 months old. Caralyn reveals that Charles seems to only respond to fire-truck sirens, remaining indifferent to the sounds of police trucks or ambulances. This intriguing behavior has earned Charles considerable popularity on TikTok, with his vocal warm-ups and enthusiastic howls delighting viewers.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Best Things In Life Are Rescued by Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Five Bernese Collies Dogs Seeking Home After Heartwarming Rescue
- Indy the Flirt: Rescue Dog’s Day at The Park Goes Viral
- Puppy Protector: Tiny Guard Dog’s Instant Transformation
- Dog Jumps Over Fence at Doggy Day Care and Has to Leave Because He is a Safety Issue’
- ABC News Crew Rescues Trapped Dog Amidst Tornado Aftermath
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!