Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed or safflower oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm (not packed with sugar), rough chopped to consistency of crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 (6-inch) hoagie rolls
- Vegan butter
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hearts of palm and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook until golden brown on all sides. Set aside to cool. Add the celery and peppers and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the onion mixture to the hearts of palm. Mix well. Add the Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, and mayo.
- Toast the hoagie rolls until gold brown, then butter the insides.
- Divide the hearts of palm mixture between both rolls. Serve warm with wedges of lemon.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Hearts of Palm