This recipe is perfect for a game day afternoon, a loungy Friday night movie marathon, or even a weeknight dinner. The combination of crunchy tortilla chips, lentil-walnut taco meat, and melty cheese sauce will leave you obsessed! You can use as many or as little add-ons as you want and it'll be a vegan nacho party for your taste buds!
Loaded Nachos With Lentil Walnut ‘Meat’ and Cheesy Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Loaded Nachos With Lentil Walnut ‘Meat’ and Cheesy Sauce [Vegan]
- Tortilla chips of your choice
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Taco seasoning
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Black beans (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
For the Cheese Sauce:
For the Lentil-Walnut Meat:
How to Prepare Loaded Nachos With Lentil Walnut ‘Meat’ and Cheesy Sauce [Vegan]
To Make the Cheese Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the vegan butter. Once it is melted, whisk in your flour to form a roux.
- Add in remaining ingredients except for the agave nectar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes to thicken.
- After it thickens, stir in agave nectar and lemon juice. Set aside.
To Make the Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat:
- In a medium pot, add 1 cup dry lentils and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, tilt lid, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Drain any excess water off the lentils and place in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop your walnuts and add to the pan with your lentils.
- Add your taco seasoning spices and about 1 cup of water.
- Simmer and stir until the water boils off, and the lentil mixture is thick like taco meat
- Assemble chips, cheese, and "meat." Add with desired toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.