Who needs to buy fajita or taco seasoning mix? Did you realize it’s super easy and inexpensive to make yourself if you already have the following ingredients in your pantry? I find seasoning mixes often too hot and spicy for my tastes so this is a perfect way to adjust how spicy you want your mix to be. You can make it as tame or spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of chili powder and cayenne. Sprinkle this seasoning on fajita veggies, soy taco “meat," Soy Curls, tempeh, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, and more.
How to Make Delicious Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (fine)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine in a bowl and whisk together.
- Store in a glass jar or airtight container.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of this mixture over your veggies as you stir fry them for fajitas. Also great to use for flavoring potatoes, roasted vegetables, tofu scramble, soy curls and more.
I really like the smoked flavour of the smoked paprika. If you don’t have it or don’t like it you can omit it or add more chipotle or chili powder. I just find it adds so much flavor without adding a lot of heat.