These healthy salted caramel oat bars are the perfect post-workout snack to get you through your day! A delicious, comforting and healthy baked oat bar, packed full of nutrients and flavour and topped with a healthy, sticky salted caramel glaze! What could be better? These Salted Caramel Breakfast Oats Bars are quick, easy and delicious and are gluten-free, vegan, and high protein!
Salted Caramel Breakfast Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Salted Caramel Breakfast Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Flaxseed
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter (Can sub for any nut butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter)
- Toppings: mixed seeds
How to Prepare Salted Caramel Breakfast Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a deep baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and melted nut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until fully combined. If mixture is crumbly, add a dash more milk until a thick batter is formed. Transfer to the lined baking dish and form into a rectangular shape. Top with the seeds and then bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- I drizzled mine in a salted caramel sugar free sauce mixed with a tablespoon of protein powder to create a glaze
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.