These healthy salted caramel oat bars are the perfect post-workout snack to get you through your day! A delicious, comforting and healthy baked oat bar, packed full of nutrients and flavour and topped with a healthy, sticky salted caramel glaze! What could be better? These Salted Caramel Breakfast Oats Bars are quick, easy and delicious and are gluten-free, vegan, and high protein!
Salted Caramel Breakfast Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Flaxseed
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter (Can sub for any nut butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter)
- Toppings: mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a deep baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and melted nut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until fully combined. If mixture is crumbly, add a dash more milk until a thick batter is formed. Transfer to the lined baking dish and form into a rectangular shape. Top with the seeds and then bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- I drizzled mine in a salted caramel sugar free sauce mixed with a tablespoon of protein powder to create a glaze