Why buy peanut butter from the store when you can make it yourself? This recipe teaches you how to make your very own! You'll want to eat this household staple with everything. Spread it on toast, add some to oatmeal and smoothies, or just grab a spoonful right from the jar.
Homemade Peanut Butter [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Peanut Butter [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups raw or roasted whole peanuts, unsalted
- Sea salt, to taste
How to Prepare Homemade Peanut Butter [Vegan]
- If you are using raw peanuts, roast them first.
- Add roasted peanuts to the food processor and use the puree function to blend.
- Purée for approximately 5-8 straight minutes until the peanuts liquify (the peanut butter should be pourable). You might need to stop the machine and stir the partially blended peanuts with a spoon to redistribute everything properly. Make sure to unplug it first.
- When the peanuts start to turn into a paste-like consistency add in some sea salt.
- Don't stop blending too soon. Keep blending until they become creamy.
- Once your peanuts have liquefied, taste the peanut butter again to make sure it is salted to your preference. Add more salt if necessary.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2200 | Total Carbs: 60 g | Total Fat: 140 g | Total Protein: 90 g | Total Sodium: 20 g | Total Sugar: 20 g Calculation not including salt added to taste.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.