There's nothing quite as good as having your own personal mini cake. It's even better when the recipe is quite simple to make. The crust on these adorable little pastries only requires two ingredients. The chocolate filling is fudge-like and melts in your mouth together with the raspberries. Delicious!
Petite Chocolate Raspberry Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons vegan powdered sugar
- 1/2 of a cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line two 8 ounce ramekins with parchment or wax paper.
- Pulse hazelnuts, dates, and pinch of salt in a food processor until a sticky mass forms.
- Press an even amount of crust into the bottom and along the sides of each ramekin. Using your fingers for this works best.
- Clean food processor. Process raspberries and powdered sugar in the food processor until smooth. Transfer raspberry glaze to a small bowl.
- Clean food processor again. Add cashews, sweetener of choice, water, dates, coconut oil, and cocoa powder to food processor. Process until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon raspberry glaze into each ramekin. Top with half of the chocolate filling and press down into the sides. Top with remaining raspberry glaze.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until the filling is firm.
1) For an extra smooth chocolate filling, soak cashews in water for 10 minutes. Dry off excess water with a paper towel before using. 2) To quickly firm up the filling place the petite cakes in the freezer. Allow adequate time to thaw before eating. 3) Eat cakes within 4 days of making.