This lemon lavender cake is quite cute and very tasty! Gemini season inspired me to create this super moist, tangy and floral dairy-free yogurt cake. I used coconut yogurt for a lactose-free option and the results are decadent! The zesty lemon pairs wonderfully with the soft notes of lavender. It's perfect for a tea party or just keep in your kitchen to snack on. This lemon lavender cake is a dreamy and delicious treat!
Lemon and Lavender Yogurt Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon and Lavender Yogurt Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix (no gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon cassava flour or xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan coconut Greek yogurt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax, plus 6 tablespoons water)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender, plus more for garnish
For the Lemon Yogurt Glaze:
- 2 ounces coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
How to Prepare Lemon and Lavender Yogurt Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder) and set aside.
- In a stand or hand mixing bowl, add butter and syrup and whip until fluffy. Scrape the sides down with a spatula and add the flax eggs while still mixing. Then add in the vanilla and mix everything until everything is well-combined.
- Slowly pour in half of the flour, alternate with half yogurt and then again in that order until everything is mixed. Then add the lemon juice and zest while still mixing.
- Finally once well combined, turn the mixer off, and with a spatula, fold in the lavender.
- Scoop the batter into the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for approx. 40 minutes until lightly golden brown on top and a fork comes out clean. Once finished, let cake cool on a drying rack for 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, whip up the lemon yogurt glaze in a food processor until a glaze has formed.
- Once cake is cooled off to the touch, pour glaze over top, garnish with more lavender, serve
A quick note about the yogurt: you can use one 6oz. coconut yogurt container for everything in this recipe (4 oz. in the cake and 2 oz. for the glaze)!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2068 | Total Carbs: 278 g | Total Fat: 101 g | Total Protein: 22 g | Total Sodium: 885 g | Total Sugar: 81 g (Per Serving) Calories: 259 | Carbs: 35 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 111 | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.