The harissa when mixed with a touch of sweetener, garlic, and smoky cumin, which makes a delicious marinade. After grilling, the sugars caramelize and each flavor is intensified. These grilled eggplants are great to serve over rice, quinoa or any other whole grain with some harissa sauce on the side.
Harissa Grilled Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Harissa Grilled Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large globe eggplant
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
How to Prepare Harissa Grilled Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop the eggplant into 1/4-inch slices either lengthwise or crosswise. Score the flesh side with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, combine, harissa, olive oil, agave, garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Brush the harissa mixture on the eggplant.
- Preheat the grill or the grill pan (if cooking indoors).
- Lightly grease the grill with cooking spray; place the eggplants on the hot grill and cook covered for about 2 minutes.
- Change the angle of the slices to get nice grill marks and cook for another minute. Gently flip and cook on the other side for another 2-4 minutes or until the eggplant is cooked through and tender.
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle with the chopped mint. Serve over rice or quinoa or any other grain.
Per Serving: Calories: 120 | Carbs: 15 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 22 mg | Sugar: 11 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.