This recipe is easy to make, versatile, gooey, and so decadent! These brownies are perfect for your next party, or to just make up for a sweet treat for yourself because you deserve it!
Gooey S’mores Brownies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 egg replacements (2 tablespoons flax meal mixed with 6 tablespoons warm water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unbleached white organic all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan graham crackers, roughly crushed
- 3/4 cup vegan marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grab a 9x9-inch glass pan, grease with coconut oil and line with parchment. Set aside.
- Melt your butter in a pot or pan, on low heat. Once melted, add your sugar and melt/stir until well combined and dissolved. The mixture should bubble up, but mate, you don't want to burn it!
- Turn off heat. Add in chocolate. Stir well. Don't burn.
- Remove from heat, let the mixture cool and add your egg replacement.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Pour batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes as is then remove it from the oven, add your crackers and marshmallows. Bake for 20 more minutes or until your brownies pass the clean toothpick test!
- Enjoy hot with ice cream or just on their own. Let brownies sit in the baking pan for 15 minutes before cutting.