These paleo and vegan graham crackers are perfectly crisp, subtly soft, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They make an excellent snack, especially for your kids’ lunch boxes. You can feel good about eating these yummy squares anytime of the day, because they’re paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free, and clean-eating!
Paleo Graham Crackers [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (can substitute arrowroot starch)
- 1 flax egg (whisk 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water in a cup and it let sit for about 15 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it resembles an egg)
- 2-3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or another unrefined granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unrefined, organic extra virgin coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon blackstrap molasses (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until a dough ball forms. It will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper or on a silicone baking mat and place another piece over the top. Roll the dough out into a 1/8-inch thick rectangular layer (you can make them 1/4-inch thick also, but you may need to cook them for 1-2 minutes longer)
- Using a ruler, cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch by 2 1/2-inch squares using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Transfer the squares to the lined cookie sheet(s) and poke the surfaces with a fork, making sure not to penetrate all the way through, and run your knife/pizza cut down the middles.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden, and transfer them to a cooling rack. They will be soft when they’re done baking, but they will harden after cooling for a bit.