This chickpea salad with hearts of palm is perfect for powering up on those days when you don’t really feel like cooking but still need something filling, nourishing and delicious! Packed with protein and fiber, this is a comfort food you can feel great about eating. It takes merely 15 minutes to make with no cooking involved.
Chickpea Salad With Hearts of Palm [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup hearts of palm
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Half lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until combined with a coarse texture.
- Transfer to container cover and keep in the fridge.