Healthy mashed cauliflower with garlic, leeks and chives. A nutritional alternative to mashed potatoes and so flavorful!
Mashed Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mashed Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4-5 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Prepare Mashed Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Boil the cauliflower in water over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes or until soft. Rinse and add the cauliflower to a large food processor.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and leeks, and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the leeks are tender. Remove from heat and add to the food processor.
- To the food processor, add the nutritional yeast (optional), vegan butter, almond milk, chives, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until the cauliflower is very creamy.
Makes four 1/2 cup servings.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 450 | Carbs: 44 g | Fat: 27 g | Protein: 16 g | Sodium: 1423 mg | Sugar: 17 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.