Stuck in an oatmeal for breakfast rut? Want to shake things up a bit? Try out this recipe! Juicy pears are cored, refilled with a delicious mixture of oats, maple syrup, dried cranberries, crushed walnuts, and cinnamon. It's the perfect Autumn breakfast!
Maple Oat and Nut Baked Pears [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 pears
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashion oats
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, liquid or melted
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, coconut oil, syrup, cinnamon, crushed nuts, and cranberries and set aside.
- Wash pears and cut in half. Use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the core.
- Cut off the rounded back side of the pear so it lays flat.
- Place pears on the baking sheet and fill with oat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.