The summer is ending and that means it’s last call for summer produce! Peach season is here and it’s the perfect time to be enjoying this delicious stone fruit. The best part about using peaches is that you can use them in both sweet and savory recipes.
If you’re looking to take the skin off of peaches, the best way is to blanch them. Start a pot to boil, and add your peaches. Let them sit in the hot water for about 10-15 seconds, and then take them out. Let them stand for a second and then carefully slice off the skin. Putting them in hot water helps to loosen the skin and make it easier to remove. When you’re done, your peaches are ready to work with.
Peaches in savory dishes might sound odd, but their sweetness helps to cut through the savory flavors. You can even make a quick slaw and add diced peaches in for a sweeter flavor and use it on tacos! If you’re not looking to experiment much, there are plenty of dessert recipes and juices to make with peaches. Peaches taste wonderful baked into pies or even into crumble bars and cobblers! Feel free to check out these 10 Healthy Peach Desserts To Make This Summer!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives! And check out our Dessert Archives for even more ideas!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based recipes starring peaches!
Savory Peach Recipes
Source: Peach Chipotle Chick’n Tacos
These savory recipes are delicious and use peaches! If you don’t have fresh peaches on hand, you can try using frozen ones instead, but just make sure you drain any extra liquid.
- Peach Chipotle Chick’n Tacos by Dominique Ebra
- Peach and Pesto Pizza With Balsamic Glaze by Gabrielle St. Claire
- BBQ Peaches With Balsamic Reduction by Rebecca Coleman
- Peach Habanero Hot Sauce by Natasha Condie
- Pulled Carrot Sliders With Peach Barbecue Sauce by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Peppers and Peaches Pizza by Jennifer Harmon
- One-Sheet Bbq Mushroom Jack ‘n Peaches Sandwiches by Epic Vegan Quick and Easy by Dustin Harder
Sweet and Dessert Peach Recipes
Source: Peach Upside Down Cake
These sweet recipes are delicious and all include using peaches! You can make so many delicious desserts and juices with peaches, and these will keep you refreshed and enjoying the last of the summer produce!
- Refreshing Peach Juice by Nita Ragoonanan
- Peach and Lemongrass Shrub by Courtney West
- Peach Crisp by Caroline Doucet
- Peach Upside Down Cake by Fabio Gallo
- Peaches N Cream Milkshake by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Peaches and Cream Vegan Galette by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Peaches and Cream Pancakes by Jessica DeMarra
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.