Peach season is in full swing, and what better way to take advantage of all that summertime goodness than with this homemade hot sauce? The sweet peaches play well with the zesty heat of the habanero peppers, but beware: this sauce does pack quite a punch. If you're not a huge fan of extra-spicy foods, feel free to scale back the amount of peppers in the recipe. Remember to always wear gloves when handling spicy peppers!
Peach Habanero Hot Sauce [Vegan]
- 2-5 bell peppers
- 5 peaches
- 1 large sweet yellow onion
- 1 cup of habanero peppers (or less, depending on how hot you want it)
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Garlic or other seasonings of your choice, to taste (optional)
- Rubber gloves
- Glass jars or bottles for storage
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Put all of the ingredients on a lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Once the veggies are cool, de-stem and seed the habaneros. Please be sure to wear gloves, otherwise the peppers will burn your hands!
- Next, peel, seed, and chop up the peaches, peppers, and onions.
- Place all the peeled veggies in a blender and add the vinegar, salt, and other seasonings if using.
- Blend the mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour the hot sauce into glass jars or bottles for storing.