When everyone’s got their eyes on a recipe, you know it must have something special that you will want to try! That’s the case for these 10 vegan viral recipes that went viral last week. They’re some of the best, and trust us when we say that you don’t want to miss out on these incredible viral recipe creations from our bloggers!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Popular Trends Archives!
1. Tuscan Bean Soup
Source: Tuscan Bean Soup
This soup is a variation of the Tuscan bean soups from the Tuscany region of Italy. Along with cooked white beans, this Tuscan Bean Soup by Julie Zimmer is made with onion, carrots, celery, garlic, farro, ripe tomatoes and tomato pulp, herbs and lots of fresh spinach.
2. Red Lentil Masala Dal
Source: Red Lentil Masala Dal
Cheerful and fragrant red lentil masala dal is healthy and plant-based, full of aromatic spices and the perfect Indian flavors for sunshine in a bowl. Try out this Red Lentil Masala Dal by Denise Perrault!
3. Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Tempeh Moghrabieh
Moghrabieh is a beautifully hearty Lebanese soup. The dish has two main components: a gorgeous broth highlighting Lebanese 7 spice and caraway seed, and perfectly chewy moghrabieh, which is almost identical to pearl couscous. While the soup typically uses chicken, this Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Tempeh Moghrabieh by Noha Elbadry-Cloud uses roasted tempeh and cauliflower to provide amazing texture and flavor. This is the perfect soup to sip on a cold day, and it’s a great winter dinner to share with loved ones.
Credit: Reprinted with permission from The Vegan Middle Eastern Cookbook by Noha Elbadry – Cloud. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Noha Elbadry – Cloud.
4. Cozy Tortilla Soup
5. Black Bean Stew
This Black Bean Stew by Kimberly Espinelis not only super easy to make and utterly delicious but also extremely healthy. Full of plant-based protein and fiber, it’s proof that plant-based food does not need to be complicated. Also, the main ingredients (black beans, onions, and garlic) are all inexpensive. This Colombian black bean stew is a delicious, budget-friendly, and hearty meal, especially when served with a side of grains and sliced avocado.
6. Hearty Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
This Hearty Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad by Patrica Granek is a super delicious and satisfying meal. A wild rice salad recipe made with simple whole food ingredients and dressed with a delicious easy salad dressing. An easy recipe for rice salad perfect for lunch, dinner or as a pot luck recipe.
7. Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust
This Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust by Gretchen Price isn’t your typical pumpkin pie. The crumbly crust is made from toasted nuts, sweetened with maple syrup, and spiced with cinnamon and the pumpkin filling is decadently rich and creamy, thanks to dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. The pie is so delicious just on its own, but then pile on that creamy pumpkin pie filling and you are in pumpkin pie paradise.
8. Breakfast Burritos
Source: Breakfast Burritos
If you’re looking for a hearty, protein-packed, and filling dish, you gotta try these Breakfast Burritos by Robin Browne. Use your favorite gluten-free tortillas and load them up with roasted garlicky potatoes, cheezy tofu, avocado lime crema, and your go-to salsa! These vegan burritos are bound to bring a smile to anyone’s face.
9. Scratch-Made Biscuit and Broccoli Cheddar Cobbler
This Scratch-Made Biscuit and Broccoli Cheddar Cobbler by Lauren Boehme features a super creamy filling that is almost pot pie–like and is topped with cheesy black pepper biscuits that are like their own little bread dollops baked all together. You get a warm, creamy soup with a fluffy, flaky, buttery biscuit . . . all at the same time.
Credit: Reprinted with permission from Delicious AF Vegan by Lauren Boehme. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Lauren Boehme and Julie Grace.
10. Flourless Chickpea Brownies
Source: Flourless Chickpea Brownies
These Flourless Chickpea Brownies by Maggie Wescott are fudgy and packed full of delicious chocolate flavor. These protein-packed brownies make a healthy dessert or snack any time of the day! Chickpeas are a fairly neutral-flavored bean and once combined with all the other ingredients there isn’t a hint of bean anywhere. These brownies are dense and fudgy, with the perfect amount of sweetness from the maple syrup and dark chocolate.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.