If you're looking for a hearty, protein-packed, and filling dish, you gotta try these vegan breakfast burritos. Use your favorite gluten-free tortillas and load them up with roasted garlicky potatoes, cheezy tofu, avocado lime crema, and your go-to salsa! These vegan burritos are bound to bring a smile to anyone's face.
Breakfast Burritos [Vegan]
For the Roasted Potatoes:
- 4 cups cubed potatoes (roughly 1" cubes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Tofu Scramble:
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons oil of choice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs of green onion
For the Avocado Lime Creme:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced (1 1/2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 large tortilla wraps, gluten-free
- salsa of choice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 2-3 medium potatoes (I used Russet) into small cubes and then toss them in the oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- While the potatoes are baking, start on the tofu. Press the tofu for a few minutes to remove the excess water. Next, wrap the tofu in a towel and place a heavy object on it for a few minutes. Then heat a pan over medium heat and add the oil to it.
- Crumble the tofu in the pan and further break it down using a spatula. Add in the garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Mix. Cook for 10 minutes or so. Toss in the green onion and set aside.
- Prepare the avocado-lime creme by adding the avocado, lime juice, and garlic to a food processor, process until smooth. Set aside.
- Begin to assemble the breakfast wraps once the potatoes are done.
- It's best to heat each tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften them so that rolling the tortillas is easier and they are less likely to crack.
- Add potatoes, tofu, avocado-lime creme, and salsa to each wrap. You should easily have enough for 4 wraps and some potatoes left behind (but these are perfect on the side).
All these ingredients can be stored in containers in the fridge for leftovers.