This isn't your typical pumpkin pie. The crumbly crust is made from toasted nuts, sweetened with maple syrup, and spiced with cinnamon and the pumpkin filling is decadently rich and creamy, thanks to dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. The pie is so delicious just on its own, but then pile on that creamy pumpkin pie filling and you are in pumpkin pie paradise.
Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 3 cups nuts of your choice, toasted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegan egg replacer
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk (recipe below)
For the Coconut Cream Topping:
- Cream from a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- 3 cups of almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
How to Prepare Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- Simmer 3 cups of almond or soy milk with 1/2 cup of sugar for 2 hours until it is thick and about 3/4 cup in volume.
To Make the Pie:
- Grind the toasted nuts in a food processor and then add the cinnamon, coconut oil, and maple syrup
- Press into a 10-inch tart pan or pie plate and freeze while you prepare the filling for the pumpkin pie
- Add warm water to the egg replacer and whisk smooth
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Pour into frozen crust and bake at 350°F oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until it is no longer liquid in the center
- Cool completely then whip the coconut fat with the confectioner's sugar and vanilla to a whipping cream consistency, top the tart with the whipped cream
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.