This hearty roasted vegetable salad recipe is a super delicious and satisfying meal. A wild rice salad recipe made with simple whole food ingredients and dressed with a delicious easy salad dressing. An easy recipe for rice salad perfect for lunch, dinner or as a pot luck recipe.
Hearty Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hearty Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 2 cups red rice cooked
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 2 broccoli de-steamed and separated
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup almond sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/6 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if kids are sensitive to spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Hearty Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 375°F degrees. then add all your chopped veggie to a large bowl (except the kale). Toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Then place onto a baking pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile cook the rice as per package directions. I cooked mine in an instant pot with 1 1/2 cups of water for 25 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the dressing and mix together.
- Once the veggies and rice are finished cooking, add the rice to a large bowl and pour in the salad dressing. Toss to coat the rice then add in the roasted veggies, kale, and almonds and mix to combine. Place in the fridge for about an hour to allow the salad to cool and the flavors to combine.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.