Raisman owns 85 different flowers, vegetables and succulents. Being close to plants has helped her with her food choices. “It’s been really calming for me. It brings me a lot of happiness and allows me to practice gratitude for where my food is coming from,” she told the outlet. She says of her eating habits, “I always eat for a purpose and I’m always thinking in terms of what’s going to keep me energized.”
For breakfast, Raisman eats celery juice, coffee with soy milk, a bagel with nuts or cauliflower rice, and avocado.
Check out these similar recipes:
- Homemade Soy Milk
- Cauliflower Scramble With Asparagus and Avocado
- Sesame and Poppy Seed Bagel Loaf
- Seeded Cranberry Bagels
Lunch for Raisman includes vegetable broths and soups. She also loves guacamole with her lunches. If she needs some extra food, she whips up a smoothie. For dinner, she opts for plant-focused meals, “My plate is usually heavily veggies.” She also looks for plant-based meats, “I cooked with tempeh the other night and it was actually pretty good.”
- Vegetable Stock
- 15 Easy High-Protein Tempeh Recipes!
- 26 Tempting Tempeh Recipes You’ll Love
- Colorful Roasted Root Veggies
- 15 High-Protein Smoothie Recipes
- 11 Awesome Green Monster Smoothies
- The Ultimate Guacamole
- Here’s Our Ultimate Guide to Vegan Soup Recipes!
- 15 Hearty Soups to Keep You Warm and Satisfied All Winter
And for dessert? “I love frozen bananas with dairy-free chocolate chips and a little soy milk to make it creamy,” says Raisman.
- Chocolate Covered Banana Pops
- Homemade Chocolate Chips
- 4-Ingredient Pistachio Nice Cream
- Frozen Banana Bites
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!