I had three overripe bananas, a broken food processor (couldn’t make my banana bread) and was craving chocolate. So, I decided to make frozen banana bites with just five healthy ingredients. I just died eating this. The banana-chocolate-peanut butter combination is absolute perfection. Such a treat! This frozen banana bite recipe is heavenly. It's so easy and the perfect healthy snack or dessert!
Frozen Banana Bites [Vegan]
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, to prevent discoloration
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar (optional)
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mash bananas until a batter forms with some tiny banana pieces here and there. Taste test this and adjust accordingly.
- Arrange all the silicone mini-cupcake molds on a plate that is going to get to the freezer.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into molds and transfer the plate into the freezer for at least 6 hours.
This recipe can be raw. Substitute peanut butter to any raw butter. If you are allergic to nuts, use some seed butter.