In a world of chocolate and vanilla, pistachio non-dairy ice cream can be tough to come across. Luckily, you can make your own at home using only four ingredients! This recipe is made using vanilla non-dairy milk, frozen bananas, avocado, and raw pistachios, but you would never guess that because the texture is strikingly similar to gelato. Finally, for a cute soft-serve ice cream shape, use a pastry piping bag to make swirls!
4-Ingredient Pistachio Nice Cream [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/4-1/3 cup vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1/4-1/3 cup raw unsalted pistachio (soak first if your blender isn't powerful)
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 3 frozen organic bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon green powder of your choice such as wheatgrass, hemp protein, or matcha (optional)
- In your high-power blender, blend the milk and the pistachio for 30 seconds.
- Add the avocado and bananas and mix well, on your lowest setting, until you get a creamy consistency. Scrape the sides as necessary and use the tamper to help things move along.
You can freeze the ice cream for a few hours. Let thaw a few minutes before eating, as it is likely to set and become a bit hard.