Golder’s husband Thomas Tadlock is a personal trainer and a great meal planner. To help her lose weight, Tadlock prescribed a diet of lots of vegetables, water and omega-3 fatty acids. Golder was a vegetarian but gave up eggs and cheese.
Golder describes the experience of switching to a plant-based diet, ” I had tons of energy. I felt great, so great that I could work a 30-hour shift and then go to the gym, which is not even normal for people who don’t have lupus.”
He doctor eventually “fired her, ” because her symptoms were gone and she went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, all while on a vegan diet. Her book, ” Goodbye Lupus: How a Medical Doctor Healed Herself Naturally With Supermarket Foods,” is made to help others realize the benefits of a vegan diet.
“My husband and I realized that the only thing we changed was my diet,” Goldner said. “And we had accidentally found the most anti-inflammatory diet you could be on. If that’s true, then we should try to replicate it.”
Check out resources on lupus, plant-based diets and recipes in One Green Planet:
- Beginner Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- The Ultimate Green Smoothie Cheat Sheet
- Green Superfood Detox Smoothie [Vegan]
- Go-To Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 15 Healthy, Alkaline Recipes To Recreate!
- The Health Benefits of an Alkaline Plant-Based Diet (with Recipes!)
- Plant-Based Meals By Ingredient: LEAFY GREENS
- 20 Ways to Add More Leafy Greens to Your Diet
- 35 Delicious Ways to Eat More Greens
- How Plant Based Diet Helps Those Living With Lupus
- Managing Lupus with a Plant-Based Diet
- Toni Braxton Adopts Plant-Based Diet to Manage Lupus Symptoms
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!