Cauliflower scramble? For vegans, the tofu scramble is the quintessential breakfast dish. But, it doesn’t always have to be about tofu. Really, any vegetable could work. And cauliflower is a great alternative. This cauliflower scramble is a delicious twist on a vegan classic. Give it a try! It may be your new favorite kind of vegan scramble!
Cauliflower Scramble With Asparagus and Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 package firm tofu, pressed for 10 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 scallions
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Toasted walnuts
- Chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Thinly slice the scallions and chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the turmeric. Stir it around.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and sauté until the cauliflower is bright yellow and starting to char. Add the scallions and asparagus and cook until they are bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add some toasted walnuts into the food processor and pulse until they are crumbly.
- To serve, add the scramble to a plate and sprinkle with ground up walnuts. Serve with sliced avocado and microgreens