This colorful root veg side dish is really quick and simple to prepare. It will add some serious color to your table. You can always get creative and add anything you wish to it.
Colorful Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan]
- 8-10 carrots - thin and multi colored ones, if using thicker carrots then slice into quarters
- 4-5 parsnips sliced into quarters
- 3-4 small beetroot scrubbed and sliced into halves
- 1 large red onion sliced into quarters
- 1 large bulb of garlic sliced down the middle or just add a handful of cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh thyme and rosemary to serve (optional)
Place your oven on 400ºF to heat up, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons olive oil into your oven dish and place in the oven.
Meanwhile prep the veg as instructed in the ingredients list.
Once the oven is up to temperature remove the oven dish and place all the veg into the tray along with a few glugs of olive oil and a couple generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes before roughly turning the veg and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Simply top with fresh rosemary and thyme and an extra pinch of salt before serving!
If you are tight for time or your oven just isn’t big enough to cook everything, then simply prepare these the day before and store in your fridge inside a large container with a lid. Simply place them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving to warm up! Ovens can differ quite a lot from each other, always keep and eye on them if your oven runs very hot as the time maybe faster for you!