This colorful root veg side dish is really quick and simple to prepare. It will add some serious color to your table. You can always get creative and add anything you wish to it.
Colorful Roasted Root Veggies [Vegan]
- 8-10 carrots; thin and multi-colored ones, if using thicker carrots then slice into quarters
- 4-5 parsnips sliced into quarters
- 3-4 small beetroot scrubbed and sliced into halves
- 1 large red onion sliced into quarters
- 1 large bulb of garlic sliced down the middle or just add a handful of cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh thyme and rosemary to serve (optional)
Place your oven on 400°F to heat up, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons olive oil into your oven dish, and place in the oven.
Meanwhile prep the veg as instructed in the ingredients list.
Once the oven is up to temperature remove the oven dish and place all the veggies into the tray along with a few glugs of olive oil and a couple of generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes before roughly turning the veg and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Simply top with fresh rosemary and thyme and an extra pinch of salt before serving!
- Ovens can differ quite a lot from each other, so keep an eye on them if your oven runs very hot as the time may be faster for you!