Matcha is a type of green tea and it has so many health benefits! There are so many ways to enjoy matcha; you can add it into brownies, bliss balls, even cheesecake! But, what about in drinks? You can make matcha lattes, even matcha shakes! Here are ten recipes that will have you enjoying matcha in all types of drinks!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And for everything matcha, check out our Matcha Archives!!
1. Matcha Latte
Source: Matcha Latte
This is a delicious Matcha Latte recipe by Taryn Fitz-Gerald that is sweetened with natural low GI organic coconut sugar. Loaded with antioxidants and cleansing goodness, replace your morning coffee with one of these!
2. Nutty Matcha Latte
Source: Nutty Matcha Latte
Matcha latte is such a classic cafe drink, and this Nutty Matcha Latte by Danielle Capalino is highly recommended. It combines nut-milk with coconut oil and almond extract to give a nutty, creamy taste.
3. Mint Matcha Latte
Source: Mint Matcha Latte
Matcha lattes don’t get any healthier or easier than this Mint Matcha Latte by Caroline Doucet. Simply blend matcha with hot water, cashews, dates and peppermint extract for a minty, frothy drink. Enjoy this lightly caffeinated drink in the morning or in the afternoon for a healthy little energy boost.
In our Alive Cookbook, you’ll find our top 50 plant-based recipes featuring recipes like Superfood Breakfast Cookies, Crunchy Thai-Inspired Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing, Chopped Detox Salad, Ayurvedic Jamaican Quinoa Salad, Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks + Balsamic Veggies, Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Soup, Healthy Carrot Cake Baked Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free], Foolproof Vegan Masala Chai Tea, Hot Chocolate ‘Macaccino’, Sunshine Turmeric Latte, and more!
4. Matcha Latte With Coconut Milk
Source: Matcha Latte With Coconut Milk
The benefits of matcha are just endless. It boosts your metabolism and sharpens your mind. This Matcha Latte With Coconut Milk by Laura Kuklase is delicious, healthy, and vibrant!
5. Cafe Style Matcha Tea Latte
Source: Cafe Style Matcha Tea Latte by Carlota Cassou
This Cafe Style Matcha Tea Latte by Carlota Cassou is reminiscent of its equivalent at a cafe. The trick to preparing a cafe style matcha green tea latte is to make the tea first, then add the hot milk and it’ll foam. Enjoy!
6. Matcha Tea
Source: Matcha Tea by Tiffany Kinson
Matcha includes L-Theanine, an amino acid. When combined with caffeine it helps to produce sustainable and focused energy. L-Theanine is a calm-inducing amino acid found in teas from the Camellia sinensis plant. And unlike traditional green tea that you find in tea bags, matcha powder includes the entire ground Camellia leaf, which provides 100% of the leaf’s nutritional benefits. While coffee has anywhere from 85-144 mg of caffeine, matcha has 30-70 mg. And unlike coffee, matcha will supply a healthy dose of caffeine without causing you to crash a few hours later. Try this Matcha Tea by Tiffany Kinson!
7. Iced Matcha Green Tea Frappé With Coconut Whip
Source: Iced Matcha Green Tea Frappé With Coconut Whip
Whether you’re looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or an after-dinner treat, this Iced Matcha Green Tea Frappé With Coconut Whip by Crazy Vegan Kitchen is sure to satisfy your craving for sweets. The rich and velvety green tea matcha blend provides a light caffeine boost and is a nice differentiation to the traditional coffee frappé. For this recipe, go for coconut milk as opposed to almond for optimal froth!
8. Magical Mango Matcha Shakes
Source: Magical Mango Matcha Shakes
This Magical Mango Matcha Shakes recipe by Gina Fontana is so simple, healthy, and delicious! Just pour this shake over some plant milk for a beautiful, tie-dye look!
9. Grapefruit Matcha Green Smoothie
Source: Grapefruit Matcha Green Smoothie
Looking for a way you can sneak in some greens and extra nutrition? This Grapefruit Matcha Green Smoothie by Medha Swaminathan is a wonderful way to do so!
10. Matcha Avocado Smoothie
Source: Matcha Avocado Smoothie
Thick, creamy and crazy delicious, this Matcha Avocado Smoothie by Kat Condon is chock full of healthy antioxidants and fats – plus plant-based protein!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!