The benefits of matcha are just endless. It boosts your metabolism and sharpens your mind. This latte is delicious, healthy, and vibrant!
Matcha Latte With Coconut Milk [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder (I prefer ceremonial grade Meiko matcha on my latte)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canned full-fat coconut milk (refrigerate overnight and use the firm part of the milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or paste
- For serving: 1/2 cup heated coconut milk (whisk it to get some foam) and edible rose petals (optional)
- Boil the water and let it cool down a little bit. Perfect temperature for matcha is 176° F (if you don’t have the thermometer just use your thumb). When you use boiling water for matcha, then it will taste really bad and you will lose all the good things you would like to get out of matcha. Also, remember that when you pour the water into a cup, then the temperature goes lower because the cup already takes a lot of heat for itself. When you can’t wait for your water to cool down, then just pour the water into a first cup and then the same water to another cup. After this, the water temperature is usually perfect.
- Add the matcha in a matcha cup or pot.
- Pour only about few tablespoons of water on top of the matcha (just to make it wet). Not too much, because it might be hard to whisk. Whisk the mix with a bamboo matcha whisk. Whisk until there aren’t any matcha clumps.
- Add the remaining water and give the cup a little swirl until the resulting liquid is consistent. Add coconut milk.
- Pour into cups. Add some extra coconut milk that you have heated and whisked in a different cup and sprinkle with extra matcha and rose petals. Enjoy!