Although the information about the product, like ingredients, how it’s made, or how it will be sold, is not available yet, if Beyond can pull this off, it could bring the company back up. Beyond Meat has been struggling with stock prices consistently declining, but the plant-based company won’t go down without a fight.
Source: NBC News/Youtube
If Beyond can get this steak on the market, it would be one of the first steak alternatives available and could greatly help the company. However, other startups have already been working on bringing realistic vegan steaks to consumers. Recently, scientists in Switzerland have created plant-based steaks from pea protein that looks exactly like the marbling of animal steak.
Famous chef Marco Pierre White has also joined forces with Redefine Meat, an Israeli plant-based meat company. The British chef will incorporate Redefine Meat’s 3D printed steak onto his menu at his Plymouth restaurant at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade.
A plant-based diet can improve health, help the environment, and is cruelty-free. It is a simple switch, and companies like these that are working to create realistic products will make it even easier for people to start the transition.
Sign this petition to add warning labels to meat products.
Check out these plant-based steak recipes you can make at home:
- Roasted Eggplant Steak [Vegan]
- Seitan Steak and Mushroom Pie [Vegan]
- Marinated Tofu Steak [Vegan]
- Cauliflower Steak With Caper Dressing and Crushed Celeriac [Vegan]
- Korean Tempeh Steaks [Vegan]
- Cheesy Cauliflower Steak With Roasted Tomatoes [Vegan]
- Kim Kardashian Announced as New Chief Taste Consultant for Beyond Meat and Why She Only Pretended To Eat the Food
- Scientists Create Plant-Based Meat that Imitates Marbling of Steak
- Celeb Chef Marco Pierre White Introduces Plant-Based Steak to His Menu
- Beyond Meat Launches Plant-Based Lunch Boxes in China
- Beyond Meat Launches Vegan Jerky!
- Pizza Hut Adds Beyond Meat Meatless Crumbles to Canadian Menus
- KFC and Beyond Meat Launch Beyond Fried Chicken
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.