Beyond Meat has teamed up with Chinese convenience store, Lawson, to launch plant-based lunch boxes. They created two plant-based lunch boxes that were launched in over 2,3000 Lawson stores across the country.
The Vegconomist reported that one of the lunch boxes includes Beyond Pork, the first plant-based meat that was created specifically for the Chinese market, which consumes a large amount of pork. Beyond Meat claims that its animal-free pork has half the amount of fat as conventional pork. The other lunch box features Beyond Beef. All of the meats are produced in the country at the company’s local manufacturing facility.
China has been the world’s largest consumer of pork for many years. However, pork suppliers in the country have been affected by an African swine flu outbreak, and Beyond hopes to continue to expand its plant-based pork in the country.
Beyond has been working hard in China to introduce their meats alternatives to consumers. Last year, they launched an online store in China, and they have announced partnerships with Starbucks in China as well as KFC.
Check out these vegan pork recipes you can make at home!
- Sweet and Spicy ‘Pork’ [Vegan]
- ‘Not Pork’ Mushroom Potstickers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- ‘Pork’ and Apple Sausage Rolls [Vegan]
- Fooled Pork Sandwich With Fries [Vegan]
- Mushroom Pulled Pork [Vegan]
- Porkie Pies [Vegan]
- Beyond Meat Launches Vegan Jerky!
- Pizza Hut Adds Beyond Meat Meatless Crumbles to Canadian Menus
- KFC and Beyond Meat Launch Beyond Fried Chicken
- Panda Express Adds Beyond Meat Orange Chicken to Menu
- Beyond Meat Strikes Deal with PepsiCo to Produce Plant-Based Snacks
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!