Vegans who have been waiting for a plant-based jerky don’t have to wait any longer! Beyond Meat and Pepsico have joined forces to make more plant-based snacks and drinks, and their latest product is beef jerky!
Source: Yahoo Finance/Youtube
Since Beyond Meats came into the meat alternative game, they’ve made options for vegans at numerous fast-food restaurants and made many products for people to cook at home. Their popular plant-based products include ground beef, meatballs, chicken nuggets, and breakfast sausages. Now, in their joint venture with Pepsi, the company has begun to veganize popular snacks like jerky!
The jerky is made from a base of pea protein and mung beans. It is also free of GMOs, cholesterol, soy, and gluten. The 3-ounce bags contain five grams of fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and 1,420mg of sodium. To try a variety pack of plant-based jerky, check it out here!
Check out these vegan jerky recipes you can make at home!
- Eggplant Jerky [Vegan]
- Smoky Jambalaya With Mushroom Jerky [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Smoky Tempeh Jerky [Vegan]
- This Sustainable Kelp Jerky Is Endorsed by Richard Branson – and You Can Help Make it Reality!
- Meat Company Launches All-Vegan Jerky Line
- NYC Startup to Make Vegan Jerky From Kelp
- Restauranteur Who Created Vegan Jerky by Accident Will Open a Droolworthy Plant-Based Cafe!
- This Awesome Company Makes Vegan Jerky Out of Mushrooms!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.