There are plenty of delicious recipes that kids will absolutely love that will also provide them with the necessary nutrients they need to power through their day. Keep your kids fueled and satisfied with these 15 healthy and tasty vegan snacks that are perfect for lunchboxes!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Bars
Peanut butter and jelly. Was there ever a more perfect combo? These Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Bars by Tori Cooper have a soft, slightly crumbly peanut butter exterior and a filling of homemade jelly. The inside can be whatever flavor you want, like the traditional grape, strawberry, or even apple. These are perfect for breakfast on the go, but they might not make it through the week.
2. Pizza Hummus
Source: Pizza Hummus
Saturated with umami flavor, this Pizza Hummus from Real Food Really Fast: Delicious Plant-Based Recipes Ready in 10 Minutes or Less is like a roasted tomato puree, voluptuous “cheese” sauce, and the creamiest hummus possible all wrapped up in one spreadable, dippable package. Just a touch of red pepper flakes lends a faint, piquant bite, exactly the way a good slice ought to.
3. Crispy Protein Chickpea Nuggets
Source: Crispy Protein Chickpea Nuggets
You could mix shredded veggies into this but this recipe is for lazy people who just need to start dipping nuggets into something delicious. If you have a bag of chickpea flour and have no idea what to do with it then this is the recipe for you! These Crispy Protein Chickpea Nuggets by Melanie Sorrentino will please a crowd!
4. Tortilla Sushi Rolls With Rice and Vegetables
These Tortilla Sushi Rolls by Yana Chistyakova are a rich starter, easy and quick to prepare. It is a cold dish that consists of rolling the rice and vegetable filling in some Mexican wheat tortillas and nori seaweed. The seaweed adds flavor and makes the rolls look like a kind of sushi. We have filled them with avocado, roasted red pepper, pickles, and peas, in addition to rice, but you can choose any filling to your liking.
5. Fresh Rainbow Rolls With Miso Peanut Sauce
This is a beautiful dish that, believe it or not, tastes even better than it looks! Dipped in the flavorful peanut sauce, you will not be able to get enough of these Fresh Rainbow Rolls by Heather Larson!
6. Healthy Banana Bread
Source: Healthy Banana Bread
7. Green Pea Avocado Spread
Source: Green Pea Avocado Spread
When it comes to peas, you’ll want to stick with frozen sweet peas (also called green peas). While the fresh variety did not make the “Clean 15” list, frozen peas are the safer option! This Green Pea Avocado Spread recipe by Julie Van de Kerchove incorporates frozen green peas with another “Clean 15” winner, avocado, for a super-healthy and delicious spread perfect to replace mayonnaise.
8. Protein Chocolate Granola Bars
Source: Protein Chocolate Granola Bars
Maja Brekalo‘s Chocolate Granola Bars are refined sugar-free, protein and good carbs rich, and so easy to make. Forget buying expensive snacks when you can make these at home, quickly, and fuss-free. You don’t need to freeze them, they will not melt or fall apart if you take them with you.
9. Banana Walnut Oatmeal Bars
Source: Banana Walnut Oatmeal Bars
10. Almond Butter Energy Bars
Source: Almond Butter Energy Bars
These Almond Butter Energy Bars by Gemma Gonzalez are the perfect sweet treat to have pre or post-workout. They are chock full of nutrients, protein, and crunchy seeds. Plus, you can drizzle chocolate bars over the top of these bars for a truly delicious treat.
11. Thai Green Curry Samosa Pinwheels
Let’s get this party started! These Thai Green Curry Samosa Pinwheels by Florian Nouh are great food for parties. The mixture of mashed sweet potato, chickpeas, and garlicky tandoori spice mix is guaranteed to be a hit. These are fully packed with flavors, thanks to the garlic and tandoori mix.
12. Easy Avocado Hummus
Source: Easy Avocado Hummus
This Easy Avocado Hummus from Hayley Canning is creamy, delicious, and easy to make. The perfect homemade gluten-free, vegan, and healthy dip to enjoy at any time. The best part is that you can make this healthy hummus dip in less than 10 minutes!
13. No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Take peanut butter and jelly on the go! These No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars by Pamela Higgins are super easy, energy-boosting snacks you can store in the freezer and grab after a workout or when hunger strikes. Packed with healthy fats, protein, complex carbs, and natural sugars – and plenty of flavors, of course!
14. High-Protein Date and Nut Energy Balls
As a mid-day snack or to boost your energy before going to the gym, these High-Protein Date and Nut Energy Balls by Julie Zimmer are packed with high protein and heart-healthy fat and fibre. If you’re busy and on the go, popping one or two balls will keep you going until your next meal.
15. Superfood-Packed Trail Mix
Source: Superfood-Packed Trail Mix
The crunchy almonds and walnuts in this Superfood-Packed Trail Mix by Jesse Lane Lee are complemented by chewy goji berries, mulberries golden berries. I also like to add raw cacao nibs to make this trail mix feel like an indulgent snack. This trail mix contains a highly nourishing combo of nuts and superfoods that provide you with lots of energy and health benefits. You can also play around with the ingredients using whatever you have in your pantry.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Source: Mushroom Stroganoff
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.