These rolls are a rich starter, easy and quick to prepare. It is a cold dish that consists of rolling the rice and vegetable filling in some Mexican wheat tortillas and nori seaweed. The seaweed adds flavor and makes the rolls look like a kind of sushi. We have filled them with avocado, roasted red pepper, pickles and peas, in addition to rice, but you can choose any filling to your liking.
Tortilla Sushi Rolls With Rice and Vegetables [Vegan]
- 4 wheat tortillas
- 4 sheets of nori seaweed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of roasted peppers
- 4 tablespoons peas
- 2-3 pickles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard, vegan cream cheese or other sauce
- a stream of soy sauce
- Cut a piece of transparent film, put it on the countertop and place a sheet of nori seaweed on top. Spread the seaweed with soy sauce or water using a kitchen brush and place a wheat tortilla on top. Press with your hands so they stick together.
- Spread the tortilla with a bit of mustard or vegan sauce (any sauce you like: vegan cream cheese, hummus, ketchup, guacamole, etc.). Place a layer of rice leaving free space at the ends and at the bottom edge, place strips of red pepper, avocado wedges, cut cucumber and peas.
- Roll the tortilla, helping with the transparent film (you can also use a mat to make sushi). Form a roll and remove the film. Brush the tortilla with water or soy sauce to seal the edge.
- Cut the tortilla roll into slices, decorate with sesame seeds and serve.