Try this banana bread that is naturally sweetened and oil-free. It's moist, sweet and delicious!
Healthy Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-4 over-ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas and stir in date sugar, vanilla, and applesauce.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine lemon juice with almond milk. Stir into banana mixture.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a non-stick 9×5-inch pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1903 | Total Carbs: 396 g | Total Fat: 31 g | Total Protein: 41 g | Total Sodium: 1178 g | Total Sugar: 101 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Funny: bananas are the only ingredient you forgot to mention in the ingredients list :)
it should go after over-ripe! ha that\’s funny, emailed OGP to update, thanks for pointing that out, funny! =)