This is a beautiful dish that believe it or not tastes even better than it looks! Dipped in the flavorful peanut sauce, you will not be able to get enough of this refreshing dish!
Fresh Rainbow Rolls With Miso Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the spring rolls:
- cucumber (cut into sticks)
- red pepper, sliced
- red cabbage, sliced
- mango, sliced
- heirloom carrots, sliced,
- bean sprouts
- green onion, chopped
- brown rice noodles
- plate or bowl of water
- rice paper
For the miso peanut sauce:
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon miso paste
- a splash of soya sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup warm water, depending on how thick you want your sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- optional* 2+ teaspoons sriracha or chilli paste depending on how spicy you like it
- Firstly, you’re going to want to prep all of your ingredients and have them nearby, because you’ll want to work relatively quickly once you get started, so it’s nice to have them all prepared and nearby.
- Next you’ll need a plate of water (you could also use a bowl, our plates have a rim on them so they worked well). Take one rice paper and submerge it in the water on the plate for about 30s to 1 min. You don’t want it to get too soft or it could tear and you don’t want it to be too firm or it won’t fold properly. You’ll find your sweet spot after you’ve done a few.
- Move your moist rice paper onto a separate plate and begin to add your filling in the middle of the rice paper, horizontally. You’ll also find your sweet spot for how full you want it after a few tries.
- Now, you’ll fold in each side of the rice paper to the middle, from the ends of your toppings, to the middle of the paper (refer to photos if that makes no sense at all). And then fold the side closest to you over the middle and sort of tuck it in to the other side of the toppings as you continue to roll. Continue rolling until you have a spring roll (until the final side is rolled up).
- Continue until you’ve used up all of your filling. Pro-tip– for storing or serving on a platter, separate the rolls with a piece of lettuce so that they don’t stick together.
- Serve with miso peanut sauce and enjoy!
- For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl (minus the warm water).
- Add warm water until you achieve desired consistency.