These Banana Walnut Oatmeal bars are amazing! They are packed with carbs, fiber, protein, omegas and healthy fats. Great satiating treat during the crazy holiday weeks ahead!
Banana Walnut Oatmeal Bars [Vegan]
- 2 bananas, medium sized, peeled and mashed
- 1 3/4 cup of rolled oats, gluten free certified
- 1/4 cup of pepitas
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of creamy almond butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 3 tablespoons of oil – walnut, olive, coconut or pumpkin work nicely
- Into a large bowl, mash your peeled bananas. Then add your oats, pipits, walnuts and hemp hearts. Pit and chop your dates. Add them to the bowl along with a pinch (1/4 tsp) pink Himalayan salt. Mix to combine. Into a saucepan over low/medium heat, add your almond butter, syrup and oil. Bring to a simmer and whisk to combine. Remove from the heat and pour over your oat mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line your 9×9 baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with oil. Pour in your mixture and level with a spoon. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Optional idea: Top the mixture before baking with additional nuts, chocolate chip or seeds.