Delicious and healthy snack on the go. These Chocolate Granola Bars are refined sugar-free, protein and good carbs rich, and so easy to make. Forget buying expensive snacks when you can make these at home, quickly, and fuss-free. You don’t need to freeze them, they will not melt or fall apart if you take them with you.
Protein Chocolate Granola Bars [Vegan]
To Make the Bars:
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 3 heaping tablespoons rice malt syrup (1 tablespoon agave nectar if needed)
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini (or almond or peanut butter)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
To Make the Chocolate:
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon firm coconut oil (if already melted, then use 2 tablespoons)
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds in the oven.
- Process soaked dates in food processor until they turn into a paste and rough dough forms.
- Put all the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- In a small sauce pan heat tahini and rice malt syrup until slightly runny
- Add processed dates and tahini mixture into dry ingredients, add lemon juice and agave nectar if needed.
- Mix well, best using your hands until everything is well incorporated and a wet dough forms.
- Press the dough firmly onto a lined baking pan and leave for a few hours in the fridge to firm up.
- When firm, take it out of the pan and cut into desired shapes.
- Prepare the sauce. Melt the ingredients on low heat until incorporated. Drizzle the chocolate sauce on the bars and sprinkle with chopped almonds or hemp seeds.
- Cool again for the chocolate to set.
- Wrap in separate parchment paper sheets and store in the fridge.
Feel free to substitute nuts and seeds with the preferred ones just be careful to keep the ratios :) You can substitute tahini with any other nut butter. I also tried making them with almond butter...loved it