Looking for some new soup recipes? We’ve got you covered. These 15 soup recipes are perfect for a chilly day, and for National Chicken Noodle Soup Day, we figured it was time to round up our favorite vegan noodle soup recipes. Here are 15 plant-based noodle soup recipes from our Food Monster App that are just as good, if not better, than traditional Chicken Noodle Soup!
1. Comforting ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup
Source: Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
This Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup is not only perfect for a chilly day, but also adds an extra boost for your immune system! Created by Dawn Hutchins of Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness, this noodle soup has all the flavors you grew up with but with a plant-based spin, and benefits your health.
2. Healthy Chick’n Noodle Soup
Source: Healthy Chick’n Noodle Soup
This Healthy Chick’n Noodle Soup warms your soul! With the focus on health, Aryane Heroux-Blais has created an amazing soup that satisfies those cravings for a classic chicken noodle soup.
3. Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Source: Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Phở is basically a Vietnamese noodle pot, and the main ingredient is a strong, aromatic broth served with broad rice noodles, crunchy Asian vegetables, fresh herbs, and chili sauce. Claudia Luger-Bzazinger creates this Vietnamese Noodle Soup with many spices, soup vegetables, and special touch dried shiitake mushrooms give the broth a hearty note.
4. Red Curry Noodle Soup
Source: Red Curry Noodle Soup
This amazing Red Curry Noodle Soup is created by Heather Poire. In addition to the noodles, this soup includes tofu, red onion, orange pepper, and green beans, although the veggies can be easily swapped. With just the broth, this soup is a clear and light noodle soup, however, a dollop of red curry paste and a swirl of coconut milk later, and it completely transforms into a creamy, comforting delight.
5. Miso Soup with Udon Noodles
Source: Miso Soup With Udon Noodles
This excellent Miso Soup With Udon Noodles by Dawn Kriss is a great, super-simple soup base, and you can throw anything in that you like! You can also use red or brown miso for a stronger flavor (white miso is the most mild).
6. Pickled Plum Noodle Soup
Source: Pickled Plum Soup
This delicious Pickled Plum Soup by Mariko Sakata includes Umeboshi which is Japanese pickled plum. It is made by pickling a Japanese plum with salt and red shiso, then drying it in the sun. “Ume” is Japanese plum and “boshi” means to dry. And who doesn’t love noodles? This soup is so amazing!
7. Easy Khao Soi Thai Noodle Soup
Source: Easy Khao Soi
This Easy Khao Soi by Debbie Dine is based on Khao soi, a popular dish from the Chiang Mai region of northern Thailand. It is a coconut curry noodle soup and oddly not often found in Thai restaurants around the world. The authentic version is made with egg noodles and chicken, which can easily be replaced with glass bean noodles and shiitake mushrooms. Get ready for lots of spicy chopping! This soup is fun to make, loaded with flavor and spice, and is definitely the next thing on your to do list.
8. Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup
Source: Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup
We’re sure you’ve seen golden smoothies, balls, and bowls popping up all over the internet and this Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup by Stephanie McKinnie falls into that popular category by incorporating a vibrant, turmeric and coconut broth for its base. However, the addition of the roasted fennel, the puréed, roasted yellow peppers, and the garnish of pickled vegetables make this recipe the gold standard for golden foods. This soup is truly phenomenal.
9. Savory Mushroom Veggie Ramen Soup
Source: Mushroom Ramen
This savory Mushroom Ramen by Molly Ashworth is chock-full of fresh vegetables and mushrooms, with no short supply of noodles. This ten-minute meal is exactly what you need on chilly days! It can be made spicy to your liking, or seasoned with tamari for some extra umami flavor.
10. Lemongrass Pho
Source: Lemongrass Soup
This exceptionally refreshing Lemongrass Soup by Rae is a light, elegant meal that works great if you have to serve a crowd. The lemongrass and ginger work perfectly to add an amazing flavor to this pho and this savory broth is then poured over hearty rice noodles – it’s totally slurp-worthy.
11. Miso Noodle Soup
Source: Miso Noodle Soup
Miso soup is a cornerstone of Japanese cuisine because it’s incredibly nutritious, malleable, and easy to make. This Miso Noodle Soup recipe by Gabrielle St. Claire will give you a hearty miso broth that is full of flavor, soba noodles, and tofu.
12. Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Source: Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Mitra Shirmohammadi‘s Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup is the ultimate cozy and comforting meal to enjoy on a chilly winter day. Packed full of protein and loads of flavor, this noodle soup is filling and so amazing!
13. Instant Pot Ramen
Source: Instant Pot Ramen
This Instant Pot Ramen by Taavi Moore is extremely tasty and only requires an instant pot and 30 minutes of your time. No big mess, minimal ingredients, and cheap. With a flavorful broth, crispy tofu, and crunchy toppings this will sure satisfy your taste buds.
14. One Pot Red Curry Noodle Soup
Source: Red Curry Noodle Soup
This Red Curry Noodle Soup by Liz Martone will bring you to flavor paradise! As the rice noodles cook, they soak up the creamy red curry flavor. One of the best things about soup is that it is a one pot wonder, making it an easy clean-up. Sauté the vegetables, add some spices and broth, drop in some noodles and voila! Dinner in under an hour!
15. Mexican Noodle Soup
Source: Mexican Noodle Soup
You know those days where you just can’t seem to get warm, no matter how many sweaters you bundle yourself in? Hearty, spicy soup to the rescue! This Mexican Noodle Soup is a super-fast, easy-to-make, perfectly slurpable soup by Stephanie Darby. (Yes, you will be slurping this one.)
Still craving more soup? Check out our list of Homemade Soups that you can whip up yourself! If you’re looking for a sandwich to go along with your soup, here is our list of 15 Amazing Veggie Sandwiches! For more slurp-able noodle soups, we also highly recommend downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 20,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!