Miso soup is a cornerstone of Japanese cuisine because it's incredibly nutritious, malleable, and easy to make. This recipe will give you a hearty miso broth that is full of flavor, soba noodles, and tofu.
Miso Noodle Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Miso Noodle Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6-8 scallions, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 8 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 full sheet of seaweed, sliced into strips
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Soba noodles, for garnish (check package to ensure that it is 100 percent buckwheat soba)
How to Prepare Miso Noodle Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the soba noodles, and cook them for about 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and set them aside in a bowl of cool water.
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and green onions, season them with sea salt, and cook them until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the broth and water and bring it to a boil.
- Whisk in the miso paste, garlic, ginger, and tamari sauce.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the cubed tofu, seaweed, and scallions.
- Before serving, add the soba noodles, cubed tofu, seaweed, additional scallions and black sesame seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1461 | Total Carbs: 197 g | Total Fat: 54 g | Total Protein: 72 g | Total Sodium: 7829 g | Total Sugar: 25 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.