Satisfy those chicken noodle soup cravings with this healthy plant-based version. It'll warm you up instantly!
Healthy Chick’n Noodle Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- 1 teaspoon dry marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper
- 5 cups water
- 7-ounces organic firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup dry noodles
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- In a large pot on medium heat, soften the onion, the garlic and the veggies in a tablespoon of olive oil, about 5 minutes. Add the herbs and mix well.
- Add the water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and the tofu, lower heat and simmer covered until the noodles are cooked (follow the cooking time on the package).
- Once the noodles are cooked, turn off the heat, add the yeast and mix well. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Divide into four bowls. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, freshly cracked pepper and a lemon wedge.
If you have salted herbs, add a teaspoon and reduce the salt accordingly. You could also replace the dried herbs with a tablespoon or two of poultry seasoning.