The dreaded flu season is upon us right now! Fight back and boost your immune system with a classic, created by Dawn Hutchins of Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness. This noodle soup has all the flavors you grew up with but with a plant-based spin, and even more healthy for you.
Comforting ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup [Vegan]
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (liquid aminos, wheat-free tamari or gluten-free soy sauce will also work here)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package rice or quinoa spaghetti or fettuccine, broken in half
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable stock over medium-high heat, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and potato, cook for five minutes.
- Add the remaining stock, coconut aminos, dried herbs, salt, and pepper; cook until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the rice or quinoa noodles and cook until just soft, about 7-10 minutes, stir in cooked chickpeas during last 5 minutes of cook time, if using.
Adding a heaping teaspoon or two of turmeric will help add to the healing power!