The dreaded flu season is upon us right now! Fight back and boost your immune system with a classic, created by Dawn Hutchins of Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness. This noodle soup has all the flavors you grew up with but with a plant-based spin, and even more healthy for you.
Comforting ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Comforting ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup [Vegan]
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (liquid aminos, wheat-free tamari or gluten-free soy sauce will also work here)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package rice or quinoa spaghetti or fettuccine, broken in half
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (optional)
How to Prepare Comforting ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup [Vegan]
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable stock over medium-high heat, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and potato, cook for five minutes.
- Add the remaining stock, coconut aminos, dried herbs, salt, and pepper; cook until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the rice or quinoa noodles and cook until just soft, about 7-10 minutes, stir in cooked chickpeas during last 5 minutes of cook time, if using.
Adding a heaping teaspoon or two of turmeric will help add to the healing power!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 158| Carbs: 33g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 219mg | Sugar: 4gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.