This exceptionally refreshing pho is a light, elegant meal that works great if you have to serve a crowd. The lemongrass and ginger work perfectly to add an amazing flavor to this pho and this savory broth is then poured over hearty rice noodles – it's totally slurp-worthy.
Lemongrass Pho [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 cups water plus 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (or more) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, diced
- 1/3 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2-inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Thick rice noodles
- Heat oil and yellow onion slices and cook them until slices are semi-translucent.
- Add water and bouillon bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn it down to a simmer and add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, salt, lime juice, jalapeño, and mushrooms.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green onions and rice noodles and turn off the heat.
- Serve it once the noodles are soft.