While hot soup may not be your first pick when the weather starts warming up, these recipes will convince you that. soup can be enjoyed all year round. These incredible spring soups are completely vegan, healthy, and packed full of fresh veggies. From citrus and dairy-free cream of potato to miso and Turkish tomato, there’s something that everyone will love. These 15 spring soup recipes are light, refreshing, and delicious any time of the year!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Spring Kale and Dill Soup With Rice
Dill has a delightfully fresh and citrus-like flavor which, in this very quick and easy Spring Kale and Dill Soup With Rice, it is accentuated with a squeeze of lemon juice added at the end. The beans bring a layer of creaminess as well as a boost of protein. The rice thickens the soup and adds more texture. As for kale, it is always a welcome addition not only because it boosts nutrition, but also because the hint of its bitterness complements the dill. There is a full circle of flavors in this recipe by Zsu Dever.
2. Spring Detox Soup
Source: Spring Detox Soup
This Spring Detox Soup by Planted and Picked is filled with the taste of Spring. It’s rich with spring vegetables, including asparagus, leeks, and peas. It also contains lemon and herbs for a detoxifying boost.
3. Cream of Potato and Lentil Spring Soup
This Cream of Potato and Lentil Spring Soup by Magdalena Pienkos is rich, hearty, and extremely easy to make. The creamed potatoes and lentils give the soup a nice weight and structure and the hint of garlic accents them with just the right amount of flavor.
4. Immunity-Boosting Miso Soup
Source: Immunity-Boosting Miso Soup
Serve this Immunity-Boosting Miso Soup by Crissy Cavanaugh with steamed short grain brown rice that has been cooked with a little bit of coconut oil for added immune Support. Sprinkle with gomasio and pink sea salt for extra yumminess! This soup can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and is kid-friendly!
5. Shiitake, Tofu, and Mustard Greens Soup
This is a clean-tasting but deeply satisfying soup full of umami but without skyrocketing sodium levels. There are added sliced shiitake mushroom caps, which reinforced the mushroomy broth, and a hefty amount of mustard greens, which gives a wonderful wasabi-like back note that perked up our soup. Instead of noodles, there are tofu cubes to ensure this Shiitake, Tofu, and Mustard Greens Soup by Nutritious Delicious: Turbocharge Your Favorite Recipes With 50 Everyday Superfoods is satiating. A sprinkle of sliced scallions lent a fresh, clean bite. Some tasters enjoyed a drizzle of chili oil to ramp up the spicy flavor, but it is completely optional.
6. Hearty 15-Bean and Vegetable Soup
Bean soup mixes can disappoint because different beans cook at different rates, leaving some blown out and disintegrating while others remain hard. To prevent blowouts, the beans are brined to soften their skins. To build flavor, this Hearty 15-Bean and Vegetable Soup by Nutritious Delicious: Turbocharge Your Favorite Recipes With 50 Everyday Superfoods has plenty of aromatics as well as thyme, bay leaves, and savory dried porcini. Swiss chard, white mushrooms, and fresh tomato balanced the beans with hearty vegetable flavor. The different varieties of beans cook at different rates, so be sure to taste several beans to ensure they are all tender before serving.
7. Turkish Tomato, Bulgur, and Red Pepper Soup
Who doesn’t love a cozy bowl of tomato soup? Nutritious Delicious: Turbocharge Your Favorite Recipes With 50 Everyday Superfoods created a simple tomato and red pepper soup inspired by Turkish cuisine, which is enriched not with dairy but with herbs, spices, and grains to yield an irresistible flavor. A sprinkle of fresh mint gave the soup a final punch of flavor. When shopping, don’t confuse bulgur with cracked wheat, which has a much longer cooking time and will not work in this Turkish Tomato, Bulgur, and Red Pepper Soup recipe.
8. Smoky Potato Corn Chowder
Source: Smoky Potato Corn Chowder
Escape the chill of winter with this delicious and comforting Smoky Potato Corn Chowder by Molly Patrick. Simple and easy to whip up on any weeknight! Corn, potatoes, and delicious herbs are all blended perfectly to create this creamy chowder; you can’t go wrong.
9. Roasted Poblano Soup
Source: Roasted Poblano Soup
A dash of acidity is all you need to make the poblanos in this soup thrive, so don’t worry about loading it up with lots of other ingredients! Vegan crema is swirled on top to make the soup more indulgent while the cilantro stems add plenty of herby flavor along with a bit of crunch texture. This Roasted Poblano Soup by Patrick Calhoun is one of those dishes that proves that simplicity and minimal ingredients are a great thing.
10. Beet Gazpacho
Source: Beet Gazpacho
This earthy Beet Gazpacho by Molly Patrick is the perfect way to transition from summer to fall. It starts with a base of tomato, cucumber, and fresh beets and then adds red cabbage, bell peppers, and onions with jalapeño for heat. Whip up a batch and get ready to safe farewell to summer!
11. Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup
Source: Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup
We’re sure you’ve seen golden smoothies, balls, and bowls popping up all over the internet and this Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup falls into that popular category by incorporating a vibrant, turmeric and coconut broth for its base. However, the addition of the roasted fennel, the puréed, roasted yellow peppers, and the garnish of pickled vegetables make this Golden Fennel Soba Noodle Soup the gold standard for golden foods. This soup by Stephanie McKinnie
is truly phenomenal.
12. Chilled Cucumber Soup
Source: Chilled Cucumber Soup
On a hot summer day, who wants to cook? Well, we’ve got wonderful news! You don’t have to with this light and refreshing chilled Chilled Cucumber Soup! This soup by Lisa Lotts makes for a delicious, quick starter to any al fresco meal! With this simple combination of English cucumbers, fresh cilantro, silken tofu, and a little vegetable broth, you’ll have a delicious, refreshing homemade soup in minutes!
13. Asparagus Soup With Wild Garlic
Source: Asparagus Soup With Wild Garlic
This Asparagus Soup With Wild Garlic by Peffe Stahl uses simple ingredients to make a delicious soup with a light broth and an excellent flavor. The tender shoots of asparagus, slices of carrots, and chunks of potatoes are performed by the fresh garlic, savory vegetable broth, and just a touch of nutmeg.
14. Cream of Mushroom Soup
Source: Cream of Mushroom Soup
Completely plant-based and with minimal sodium, you wouldn’t think this Cream of Mushroom Soup by Alexandra V Jones would taste as truly decadent and creamy as it does. The secret? Cannellini beans and cauliflower! This easy soup will have even the most plant-based skeptic asking for seconds, and you know what? You can have seconds of this soup and not have to worry about your waistline.
15. Butternut Squash Bisque with Turmeric Roasted Garbanzos
Creamy Butternut Squash Bisque with Turmeric Roasted Garbanzos and tahini is an easy and elegant dinner! This recipe by Rachel Carr is a healing blended vegetable soup-hydrating, easy to digest, and quick to make.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.