This earthy Beet Gazpacho is the perfect way to transition from summer to fall. It starts with a base of tomato, cucumber, and fresh beets and then adds red cabbage, bell peppers, and onions with jalapeño for heat. Whip up a batch and get ready to safe farewell to summer!
Beet Gazpacho [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, cut in half
- 1 beet
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (discard root-end and then use entire onion)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters (or smaller)
- 1/3 cup sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeños, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 10 turns black pepper
- Place the medium-sized tomatoes, half of the cucumber, beet, and water into your blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Chop the other half of the cucumber and add it to the mixing bowl, along with the red cabbage, bell pepper, green onion, carrot, avocado, parsley, cherry tomatoes, sweet onion, jalapeños, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, garlic granules, salt, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and black pepper.
- Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and chill for at least an hour.